Friday, March 25, 2011

Sashimi of Hamachi with Blood Orange and Ginger Vinaigrette

I found this amazing recipe in the Tetsuya's cookbook that I bought on Amazon. Since I'm unable to make it out to Australia to eat at his restaurant, this cookbook will do for the time being. 

The only place I can think of to get fresh Hamachi and sliced is at The Lobster Place in Chelsea Market. I bought 16 of 1 oz precut slices of Hamachi...


Then I followed the recipe as follows:

I substituted grapefruit for blood orange (1 ruby red grapefruit), segmented and all pith removed.

GINGER VINAIGRETTE
1 drop orange oil
1 drop sherry vinegar
1/4 teaspoon finely grated ginger
1 teaspoon soy sauce
1/4 teaspoon finely crushed garlic
Salt and pepper to taste

GARNISH
Chives, finely chopped
Parsley
Baby spinach or baby mâché
This time I only used baby spinach for garnish

The final product is....


Tada! it was quite simple and VERY scrumptious. I would suggest cutting these pieces to smaller pieces. if you want merely for appetizers, cut it 1/4 of an inch and perhaps 2 pieces for each person. My dinner guests all love Hamachi, therefore I purchased a good chunk. Bon Appetit!

Bisous,
JT

No comments:

Post a Comment