Monday, May 2, 2011

Daphne Guinness Invites Everyone to Join her at 5pm at Barney's

My idol is getting dress for the Met Gala tonight in the windows of Barney's on Madison and 61st.. 

Daphne's personal invitation:

Friends, students, all,
I shall be making a small tribute to fashion as Art and alas, for friends sorely missed. This will take place at Barneys at around 5pm on Monday May 2, 2011.
Your opinions I value the most for the future belongs to you, mine is but an ephemeral offering but I hope not to disappoint.
I consider that Art can be manisted in clothing, although there is a polemic on this topic.
But it is our capability as humans to transform ourselfs by the way we dress.
And the Master of our times I think we may agree is being honoured tonight.
Daphne
________________________________
- Transcription by Tory Hoen


xoxo, 
JT

No comments:

Post a Comment